Posts Tagged ‘patio furniture manufacturer’
Teak, also known as Tectona Grandis, is a tall, straight deciduous tree that grows with sturdy stems and large crown. Teak is a native tree to tropical countries, such as countries in Southeast Asia. One of the most popular teak producing country is Indonesia, who is believed to have been cultivating teak wood ever since the early 7th century, the era of the Hindu settlers.
Teak has been used since the Middle Ages for ship building. The high durability and resistance to all sorts of weather is the perfect reason for it to be used in vessel construction. It is also easy to work with, and it is resistant to decay. The main advantage of teak for the building of ships is its unique ability to prevent rust and corrosion when in contact with metal. These qualities make it a valuable resource. Even today, teak wood is used in the construction of ships and expensive yachts and boats.
The longer the ships were used on ocean voyage, the more unworthy they get. Despite the unworthiness, teak ship decks were in such good condition that it can still be recycled and used to build furnitures. It is assumed that the first outdoor teak benches were made from old ship decks that were recycled. It is known that a century old teak park bench in England still exists until today.
The process of harvesting teak wood is far from easy. They need to be at least 20 or 30 years old before harvested. In addition, because the logs are very heavy, they cant be transported using manpower. Therefore, transporting the wood is not a particularly task. To solve this issue, elephants were used to pull the logs through the forest they were planted in. The logs are pulled a long way from the forest to the waterway. They are trained to stach the logs in piles for easier management.
The durable and versatile nature of teak wood made it well sought after throughout the world. Today, teak is also grown throughout Central America and several parts of South America. Teak wood is commonly used for indoor wood flooring and other general construction. Teak wood contains natural oil that makes it resistant from splintering.
Originally posted 2011-09-24 16:20:17. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Bar stools are important to have in patio, considering you have a bar as well. Buying the right bar stools that can withstand weather elements and last for years is what you want for your bar stools. Stainless steel or aluminium bar stools are often the most types that are sought after. Before you buy your bar stools, you should consider some things beforehand so that your investment can be worthwhile.
First understand that a bar stool is not the same as a dining room chair. What makes a bar stool different from other chairs is that is has a foot rest all the around the legs of the stool. You are used to seeing them at a restaurant or bar, line up from side to side around a counter top. Bar stools are now available for private home owners as they are becoming more and more popular. They are ideally placed along a kitchen counter top, outside around a patio BBQ bar, or lined up along the side of a game room. They are really convenient in areas where your family or guests will spend time lounging or socializing. They allow you to really relax and sit in a comfortable position as you talk with others, eat good foot, sit around the pool, or watch TV.
You can find bar stool frames made from wood, metal, plastic, or bamboo. If you are using your bar stools for outdoor use you will need the frame to be able to withstand the demands of the elements. Only stainless steel or aluminum should be placed outside on your patio as they will hold up to corrosion from moisture, and break down from the ultraviolet rays of the sun. Aluminum bar stools in particular are nice because they are lighter weight an can be moved around easily. For indoor use it is really hard to beat a nice hard wood finish like walnut or cherry wood. You will have a wide range of choices for the seat and backing as it can be found in upholstered fabrics, leather, wicker, and other natural products.
One thing you really want to keep in mind when purchasing your bar stool is the height and the seat. One really nice feature of bar stools is that sit up high so you sit in a comfortable position and watch the happenings of the environment around you. You should make sure your bar stool has an adjustable height, as this is really a nice feature. Understand that you bar stool may or may not come with a cushion on the seat the backing, it is your preference here with this feature. You must also consider how big the seat will be as it comes in a wide range of sizes. The most common seat sizes are twenty four inches, thirty inches, and thirty four inches.
Originally posted 2011-09-24 16:20:27. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Wicker patio furniture continues to be an favorable furniture product. Its unique manufacturing technique (usually handmade) can only be done by professionals, who know how to work with the materials. wicker patio furniture has considerable strength to go along with its amazing beauty. If you plan to purchase a wicker patio furniture, choose one with the quality to last for a long time. Regardless of that, wicker patio furniture can bring many benefits that other kinds of furnitures dont for homeowners, here are some of the benefits, to name a few :
* Keeps you from costly repairs or upgrades: Wicker patio furniture costs more than the cheap plastics you will find in retail chains, but the true craftsmanship costs you less over time. Wicker patio furniture can stand for decades of everyday use with minimal effort devoted to upkeep. Since wicker patio furniture is crafted completely from natural materials, it is a product that can withstand natures worst conditions.
* Gives your outdoor living area a natural look: The natural materials feel at one with nature. This reality makes wicker patio furniture an excellent choice of decoration for your outdoor living area.
* Provides you with many seating options: Wicker patio furniture comes in a variety of options. You can choose a lighter or darker material depending on preference. You can purchase one chair or a whole outdoor dining set. No matter what you are looking for in a seating arrangement, wicker patio furniture affords you the options to stay in control of the world around you.
* Produces a comfortable arrangement for entertaining guests: Cheap plastic patio furniture may give your guests a place to sit, but it wont offer the comfort of wicker. Natural furniture such as wicker is strong, but it also has enough give to soothe guests and withstand the wear and tear. When you choose wicker patio furniture as the primary furnishing selection for your outdoor living area, you are telling your guests that you care about their comfort.
* Scores compliments and admiration: No one wants an eyesore polluting the backyard. Wicker patio furniture is as beautiful as it is comfortable and durable. When you choose it to furnish your backyard, your guests will always be complimentary, and will likely be jealous that your yard has timeless beauty that will never be out of style.
Whether you are in need of indoor or outdoor furnitures, wicker furnitures is no doubt a highly recommended choice. It can withstand years of normal use, it doesnt require you to invest in costly treatment methods and tt holds up to wear and tear as well as changing trends. If you are thinking about purchasing a furniture set for your indoor or outdoor living area, and you want to get the most for your money, let the debates begin and end with wicker.
Originally posted 2011-09-24 16:19:55. Republished by Blog Post Promoter